Your first visit with us will usually consist of a consultation appointment. This appointment is arranged by our office after we receive a referral form from your dentist / medical doctor. However, a referral is not mandatory. Patients under the age of 19 need to have a parent or legal guardian present during the consultation.
We require from you:
- All available recent xrays are applicable if taken within 1 year. If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they be forwarded to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick the x-rays up and bring them with you to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility or ordered through Royal Inland Hospital. In certain cases, a CT scan is required. This can be performed at our office for a fee, or it can be taken at the Royal Inland Hospital where there is a waiting period and the radiation dose is nearly 6x higher.
- A list of any medications you are presently taking. Please alert our office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern. We may require that certain medical tests or evaluations be performed prior to your surgery.
- All relevant medical or dental insurance information.
- Current Personal Health Care card.
- Payment is required for the first appointment. As a courtesy we will submit to your insurance plan for your direct reimbursement.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 19 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at the consultation visit.
This first appointment includes an oral examination and any necessary radiological assessments (x-rays) required to diagnose your condition. We will discuss your diagnosis. We will outline your treatment options. By answering your questions we will help you to decide upon your best treatment plan. We will discuss your anesthetic options (local anesthesia, intravenous sedation).
The treatment coordinator will go over your required surgical preparation instructions and will schedule a convenient time for your surgery. We will then review costs and will submit any necessary insurance claim forms for pre-authorizations.
In non- emergency cases we would like you to have some time to thoughtfully consider your treatment and arrange your activities accordingly. You are always welcome to call us or e-mail us to clarify any questions or concerns.
Your pre-operative instructions should be carefully followed prior to your treatment appointment. Failure to follow these instructions prior to an IV sedation surgery could result in the cancellation of your surgery and a $250 fee. Please arrive fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled surgery time. It is important to remember that while we try very hard to stay on schedule, various circumstances may arise which can lengthen the time allocated for you or another patient’s procedure. Drs. Rishiraj or Zahedi occasionally does get called to the hospital for an emergency surgery and we may have little time to notify any cancellations. We try extremely hard to inform you if there is a short-term cancellation or delay in your planned surgery. We greatly appreciate your understanding and patience should this occur.
Monday to Thursday 8AM to 4PM
Friday 9AM to 3PM
Saturday & Sunday CLOSED