Pre Surgical Instructions
Failure to follow these may result in cancellation of your surgery & a $250 fee
- NO food or drink for 8 hours before surgery. Not a sip of water, chewing gum, or candy; it is essential that your stomach be empty at the time of surgery. You may brush your teeth.
- You may take your regular medications with just enough water to get them down. DO NOT take any medications that Dr. Rishiraj has instructed you not to take.
- Refrain from smoking prior to surgery. No alcohol 24 hours prior to surgery.
- Please wear a short-sleeved shirt and comfortable pants.
- Do not wear contact lenses, watches or bracelets, mouth jewelry (ie. tongue or lip rings), or nail polish.
- Arrange for a responsible adult to take you home from surgery: They are required to sit with you during the 45 minute recovery time following your procedure to hear the post operation instructions. After having sedation, you will be coherent but most likely will not remember the instructions, therefore, your escort will be responsible for helping you with that information.
- If applicable, no recreational drug use (ie. marijuana, cocaine, etc.) for 10 days prior to surgery. Such substances can cause irregular heart rhythm which can be detected by our monitors and may result in cancellation of your surgery.
- Please call the office if you become ill before your surgery. Colds, flus, sinus and chest infections may require the surgery to be rescheduled.